St. Max, with 14 area churches, is a host site for local Butler County families experiencing homelessness. We provide lodging and meals for three to five families, up to 14 persons, for one week, 4 times per year. Affiliate “guests” stay in each host church from supper time to early morning every day of the week. Each morning, guests are driven to the day center where they meet with the director, care for pre-school children, bathe, do laundry, and make appointments to seek housing and employment.
The only way this program is successful is through the help of volunteers. We are in need of the following volunteers:
· Evening volunteers 5:45 - 9:00PM - Dine with guests, help clean up, hang out and play with guests.
· Overnight volunteers 8:45PM - 7:00AM - Host guests through the night and in the morning, including helping with a breakfast to go
· Meal hosts 5:30-7:00PM - Organize and serve dinner and dine with guests. You may choose to make all, some or none of the food. There are volunteers to help provide dinner items. This is a great option for families!
· Activities coordinator 6:30-8:30PM - coordinate activities for children during the evening time. This is a great option for families!
· Shoppers - receive periodic emails with requests for staples to keep our ministry going
· Help provide food - provide hot dinner items to be dropped off by 6:00 or provide breakfast and lunch items to be let in kitchen
· Volunteers on first Sundays afternoons - setup & make beds
· Volunteers on second Sundays cleanup 6:00 AM – take down beds
· Volunteers to launder sheets and blankets
· Volunteer at the day center in Hamilton – weekends or weekdays - maintain a regular volunteer time slot to help host guests at the day center
Sign up to volunteer by filling out this online form!
St. Max will host Family Promise the following dates in 2017:
- April 16 - April 23, 2017
- July 30 - August 8, 2017
- October 8 - October 15 , 2017
Contact Kathy McGill, 513-708-1475, firstname.lastname@example.org