If you are a good listener and a compassionate person, prayerfully consider becoming a Stephen Minister. Applications are available here or at the parish office.
Contact Holly Moran for additional information: 513-777-4322, ex 116 or hmoran@ saint-max.org.
Click here to learn more about being a Stephen Minister
What Does a Stephen Minister Do?
• A Stephen Minister makes a commitment to meet regularly with a care receiver. Confidentiality builds trust as they meet for an hour every week.
• Prayer may be offered, either privately and/or with the care receiver.
• Intentional and focused care is offered with sensitivity to the spiritual and emotional needs of the care receiver.
• Stephen Ministers are not counselors or therapists, they refer any potential care receivers with emotional or behavioral health concerns to professional care.
• This is one-to-one completely confidential pastoral care – males matched with males; females matched with females.
• 50 hours of training on listening, feelings, compassionate caring, establishing confidentiality, and learning many more topics!
• Begin to discern if the Holy Spirit is calling YOU!